BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 5, 2009

Take It, Take All My Happiness, I Don't Need It

How typical. How very typical. Yesterday was probably one of the best days of my life and today insisted that it take back every once of my joy. So yeah, as you can assume, today was an awful day.
So, in first period, Futures, nothing bad happened, I was just utterly bored. We weren't even doing anything, so we just sat around, and for those who have friends in the class, they talked to each other. I just took a nap and then we had to read this one passage thing, I don't even know what it's for, but it's this really depressing story about how this girl got murdered nearby her apartment. Even though she screamed and the people in her apartment saw what was happening, no one called the police until much later. The the passage all goes into this psychological kind of thing about, why didn't they do anything?
In second period, Algebra II, it was okay, we looked over our homework and I seemed to have gotten the gist of it. Then we got our homework. Our 101 problem math homework. It's so painful to do. Especially when we're supposed to only do half of it, but if we do the entire thing, we get extra credit. I need that extra credit. My math grade isn't even funny. It's nearing the edge of a 'C+'. So basically, I'm doing the entire thing reluctantly.
Third period, I have Biology, which means test time! I think I did okay, but yeah. Hopefully I don't drop my grade. I think I have a 'B' in there? Hopefully I won't go down to my math grade. That would suck a lot. Besides the test, there wasn't anything bad or good about that period.
After snack it went downhill.
In fourth period, P.E., we're playing tennis and all, so I was kind of excited, since I used to play a little and thought it was pretty fun. Well, I haven't played in a long while, so I'm horrible now, but that's not what upset me. The guy my team was versing chucks the ball over, it's our serve, but it was head towards me. I just held my racket out and guess what, it flew over the gate and outside. I ran to go get it, but then these other girls were like, "Oh, since you're going out there, can you get ours?" So I all run around the parking lot looking for their ball. Then I run around the tennis courts and around the fence, since I didn't want to jump it. The thing was that since I didn't, I had to run a bit of a distance to the opening of the wired fence, then run the same distance down to get the ball. Then after I got it, I ran the length of the fence, then back down it again, and back around the tennis courts. Since I figured I'd be a burden to my team if I was gone too long, I sprinted and was exhausted when I finally got back. And for some reason, my mood went from tired to extremely ticked off. We play two games a period, so in our second game this other teams shot the ball off into the parking lot area. Then after the game I asked them if they got the ball, then they're like, we have to get that? My irritated response, "Yes, you have to get the freakin' ball, Sherlock. I'm so not running laps Monday because of you." But they were was too lazy to do anything so I went looking for it, but it was in this closed off area that I couldn't get into unless I climb over the fence and it was bell was going to ring soon, my teacher left with the cart of rackets and calls already, so I ran off to the locker room. Hopefully the teacher doesn't count how many tennis balls she has.
Then in fifth period, English, apparently, I didn't do more then half the homework assignment. We're reading Romeo and Juliet and we have to summarize the stuff that's happening. So I thought the homework was to summarize Act II Scene iv, v, vi and do Act II study questions. Well when I got into the classroom and the television with our agenda on it, said our teacher was stamping Act III Scene i, ii, ii, and iv, also. I was just like, no freakin' way. Of course, my teacher has no mercy and won't allow late assignments (sometimes I wish teachers wouldn't prep us for college life). Hopefully the summaries are too many points. I was so happy that I finally got an 'A' in that class. Anyhow, continuing with my bad day, we got a bunch of homework, also. Act II and IV study questions, Act IV Scene i, ii, iii, iv, and v summaries. It's not that hard to do any of that stuff, but it's still quite a bit of work.
Lunch was bleak, the friend I'm purposely ignoring really gets on my nerves without even having to talk to me. I still heard and see what he does once in a while and they annoy me to no end, so I left to go eat somewhere else.
Finally, it was sixth period. It killed me. It was Spanish and we had our written finals today. As always, I disappoint my writer and student-self. I just hope I don't get an 'F' on it. The topic wasn't hard or anything. Write an email to your friend about what you did last week. Then ask your friend specific questions about what they did last week. Finally, end your emails by inviting them somewhere. I think my vocabulary usage was pretty good, I felt like I used words that others may have not thought of using. I was starting to grow cocky because I remembered how to say "I invite you" in Spanish. It's not even that impressive now that I think about it. Anyhow, my brain was probably reduced to a peanut after that, I couldn't even think of words to say when people talked to me. But you know what? I have Chinese finals tomorrow, and I'm volunteering at Gonsalves Elementary School tonight from 7-8PM. So it's not like I have that much time to study afterwords because I'll probably be wasted. I have 56 vocabulary words, how to write it, how to use it in context, know what they mean, and how to say it. There's probably going to be a listening portion, fill in the blanks, and make sentences on the test. Out of the 56 I probably know 5 so far. My friend claimed she was taking Chinese over the summer and I just laughed at her. I can't even begin to understand why anyone would want to take Chinese classes over the summer. I don't even have Chinese school over the summer. I would go crazy if we had to keep going through the summer, just absolutely crazy. You don't even understand how much I hate Chinese and how insanely hard it is for me. If I studied everyday for about four hours, maybe I'd get it, but of course, my irresponsible self loves to procrastinate and I probably end up cramming the last minute and fail the class.

0 comments: