BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 15, 2009

It's You, Not Me

Why is it that when we get scolded by people, assuming that it's for your own good, that you still feel angry at them? I'm having my sister correct my math homework, since pretty much what's on it, all four worksheets of it, is going to be on the final tomorrow. Well, as the typical me, I was messing around on Facebook at the same time and my sister was getting on my case about getting my butt off it. I got angry at her for a moment but I managed to calm the swears in my head, convincing myself that I'm at fault. I have an issue with being wrong. I guess I'm like my mom in that perspective. We hate to be wrong and try to blame others most of the time. In elementary school, the fifth grade, I used to have a friend that I'd play with all the time during recess. One day, this other girl, who seemed to be a a friend of my friend. I'm confusing myself, since I prefer not using names, I'll just use girl A and B. Okay, I'm friends with girl A, then girl B, who seemed to be a friend of girl A, told me that girl A said, "Jenny never says sorry". Something like that, along with the lines that she hates me, girl A. Since then, I've always been pretty conscious of what I say. I'm always afraid of talking because I'm either going to say something rude, something mean, and never sorry. I feel apologetic, but what good does it make if I tell myself that? I already know I'm sorry, it'd do me some good if someone else, particularly the person I hurt, knew, too. Anyhow, my point is? I feel like I need a focus on my ranting. I can switch from one topic to a million different ones that hardly relate. Let me move back to what I was talking about earlier.
So, why is it that we, people, always seem to get angry when we get in trouble, when it's our fault? Another example of that, which is not about myself, is at school. No chewing gum is an obvious and known rule. I doubt that anyone is completely oblivious to the rule's existence. So why people keep chewing gum in class? I don't know. I personally don't like gum very much. Anyhow, so a girl in my class is chewing gum in class, doing a bunch of things against the rules like listening to her I-pod. So the teacher tells her to spit out her gum and took her I-pod away. Since I sit near her, I got to hear a nice chain of curse words aimed at the teacher. If she was new to the school and it was her first day, it would seem just a little bit unfair for her I-pod to be taken away, she should be given a warning. But no, that's not the case. She has been warned several times and teacher just got fed up with it. She should have listened to the teacher rather than rebel. Why do people rebel right upfront against people, teachers especially? If we listen to them, it'd all be okay, people wouldn't in trouble, and they wouldn't get mad at the teachers for punishing them. It seems to me like the uncooperative students are the reason for their own suffering and anger.

0 comments: