BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Add Water to My Life with a Dash of Salt and You Get Randomness

I was supposed to blog Monday, but apparently I was too busy being lazy to type. So I'm going to type about what's happened since Monday in one mass blog entry.
So on Monday, I went to cross country practice as usual, I don't remember anything particular or special about that day. Just another day of running where I felt like I was way too slow, and yet I was exhausted from trying so hard to keep in sight of the person in front of me so I don't get lost. It's a pain to be slow and have no sense of direction. I can't let let yourself fall behind or else I'll probably end up wandering around the wrong side of town--it's happened before, just not in cross country--but that means pushing myself way beyond my limit. Overworking is good, because if you're always easy-going, you'll never improve, but I feel like I could cut off my legs and it wouldn't hurt as much. I think I'll just go to Group D and work up from there. I'd hate to lower myself to that degree but I think I'll end up ticking myself off if I keep whining to myself everytime I'm running. Well, after getting home and taking a really nice shower, I took a nap. I woke up to eat lunch and then the event I was waiting for: going to Michelle's house to watch movies. Hee Soo was talking to me and Michelle about movies and realized that we have no idea what she's talking about. Since she was outraged how we haven't watched a lot of movies she liked, we decided to have a movie marathon. We wanted to make the event bigger by inviting Diana, Revathi, Yasmin, and Susan, but only Diana could make it. It was a pity the other three couldn't come, though, it was fun. So, when I got to Michelle's house, Hee Soo was already there. We waited for Diana by playing Super Smash Bros on Michelle's GameCube. I epically lost, but it was fun anyways. Then, Michelle tried calling Diana again and found that she got off the bus near her house, the only problem was that she didn't know exactly how to get to Michelle's house. So the three of us left to go fetch her. Michelle, the kind person she is, offered me her sister's scooter since I was complaining earlier that day about being sore from cross country. I don't really know how to ride a scooter, but after lots of laughs and freaking out, I got the hang of it. Diana laughed at the fact that I was riding a little pink scooter, but it was all good. I thought it was pretty hilarous when I first saw it, too. If only there were ribbons on it. Anyhow, we got back to Michelle's house and got started with that marathon. We first watched Transformers. It was pretty good, I liked the graphics and everything, even though I had little of a clue what was going on. Since we all wanted a break from staring at the television, we went into the backyard. Michelle's backyard had a pool and she said we could bring our swimsuits, but in the end, only Hee Soo brought her's. Instead, we just kicked our feet in the water, threw some toy animals in the water, scooped them out of the water with a long net, held the net up in the air above the pool and tossed the animals in it, like it was a basketball hoop, for money. Hee Soo owed me thirty dollars, but since that's pretty outrageous for throwing a plastic toy in a net, I told her that if we all go swimming that she'd have to pay for my entrance fee. I surprise myself, I'm pretty stingy about money sometimes. Well, after doing more random stuff like getting each other with a squirt gun, we went back inside to watch Click. I thought it was pretty interesting, even though the outcome was pretty obvious. I liked the ending, though, before the happy ending, because I thought it was touching that Micheal would rather die than have his son repeat his past mistakes. I don't really want to go into it since whoever is reading this might be planning to watch it themselves. I personally hate spoilers, it ruins the fun and excitement.
Tuesday morning, I had a strange dream that worried me a bit. I don't recall where it was all taking place, I think it was at school. I was talking to my friends when they told me that hated me. Then they ran off, wanting nothing to do with me. I ran after them, but then they just vanished. I spent the rest of my dream wandering around, looking for people, but I wasn't sure who. I talked to a lot of random classmates, but no one ever seemed to be the one I was looking for. My dad shook me awake at that moment. In my dream, it seemed to me that I missed school and everyone there more then I claim to be. I don't partiularly like to admit I'm lonely. When I was in the sixth grade, when my sister left for her first year of college, I thought, Joy's going to be off on her own; I wonder if she'll be lonely without me, Mom, and Dad. When she came back home for a visit, a few weeks later, she looked pleasantly happy. Her roommate's great, her classes are a bit hard, but she likes her classes, and she enjoys walking around on campus. Probably, a hidden part of her was lonely, but back then, I thought that she wasn't sad at all about leaving us. And so, I thought, if Joy doesn't miss us, then I won't miss her. It was inevitably obvious that I did though. There was never anyone to talk to me and I'd always get into an arguement with my parents if I tried talking to them. I'd talk to my stuffed animals at home, to myself at school. People thought I was a freak for talking to myself. I don't understand why people think those who talk to themselves are weird, I think they're just lonely. It may seem like we're talking to an imaginary person, but it's just that there's no one willing to recieve those words besides ourselves. We could talk to ourself in our minds like most "normal" people, but, to me, I was afraid to stop talking to myself, because everything around me would be eeriely quiet. Now, though, I'm better at appreciating the silence. There's no need to fill in every blank. It's not necessary to answer every blank in life because there are no answers known. The world is filled with infinite mysteries making life a huge, complicated mystery itself. "The man who strives to solve the world's infinite mysteries is a fool."
Tuesday morning, there was more cross country. Yasmin ran with me today out of pity and was bugging me to run faster. At least I didn't walk, so I guess that's an achievement. Then, at night, we met again at dance class. We don't really talk much in class, there's not anything to say, if you ask me. She said she was looking forward to dancing with me in class again, but I actually don't know what's the big deal. If you ask me, it's more fun running with her than dancing.
Wednesday at cross country was pretty fun. We ran for fifteen minutes and then we played a game called "Blob". We have a partner, mine was Revathi, and we have to have our arms linked or we have to hold hands, either way, we have to stay together. There's one pair, though, that has to tag other people, then they have to join the link of people, forming a "blob of people". The downside was that we ran and played on the grass, so my feet were soaked. It was okay, though, I just had to wash my feet when I got home. Around 2PM, my mom and I went to the library to sign up for the summer reading program, as we do every year. I mean, come on, it makes me read and I get free prizes at the end of it. The summer reading program is awesome! Anyhow, after that, we went to Ross, since my mom had to return some clothes and we looked around for clothes.
Well, that was pretty much all the excitement that happened that last few days.

0 comments: