BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Flaws are Only Seen when You Take a Step Back

I need to do my math homework, but I wanted to talk about an interesting person I've encountered today. I didn't really talk to her, more like observe her. So my sister came home today and had to go to this place where she got laser eye surgery, to get her eyes checked up. Her appointment was at 2PM, which is normally when I have art class. My parents just moved the time back, so I went at 4. Obviously, when I got there, there were different people than there would have been two hours ago. I sat down to paint and it wasn't until after 45 minutes when I paid attention to her. She sat diagonally behind me, so I couldn't look at her unless I turned around, which is obvious and rude. Anyhow, apparently she was painting a portrait of herself for school and it was due on Monday. She kept sighing irritably loudly and groaned angrily when the teacher tried to help her. She talked to this other girl she knew in the class, saying how the teacher doesn't teach her how to do anything. He picks up the brush and paints on your painting, telling you to watch how he does it, but not to touch what he did. The girl was angry at the teacher because she thought it looked weird, not only that, she said, "Even if this ends up looking beautiful, I'm not going to be proud of it because I didn't paint half of this. I liked the neck, but the teacher went and ruined it. I kind of like the hair because I did part of it." In a way, it annoyed me, yet it made sense that she was frustrated. She seemed like the kind of person, to me, who have a great sense of independence? I'm not sure how to say this, but she seems like the kind of girl who'd look in the mirror and beat herself up or insult others because she didn't do something herself. I found her to be an interesting person, not because of her personality, but it reminded me a little of myself. To clarify, when I was still playing the piano, I'd always sigh and make unhappy faces whenever my teacher corrected me. Whether or not I liked it, she was helping me, and her patience was ever-enduring. I pity that she, my family, my friends, had and have to deal with me sometimes. I feel like I just realized that now, though. How rudely I behaved when my piano teacher was trying her best to help me. It's sad how people under appreciate others sometimes, and don't realize it until much later. Rather, it's sad how people don't realize that they're mistaken until another person with that flaw passes before their eyes and then they think, "was I ever like that?" Some people, actually, don't care or even recognize it. They complain about people they know and say what they don't like about that person, and it's funny when that's what other people hate about them! Am I even being coherent anymore? I'll give an example. Let's say a loud person complains about another person who is also obnoxiously loud, and the people listening is wondering if they should tell the person complaining that they are practically complaining about themself. Something like that. I don't know what my point is anymore, now.

0 comments: