BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Easier Said than Done

So many people don't appreciate what they have. I admit, sometimes I don't fully appreciate all that I have either. Is it so hard to be grateful for everything you have? Yes. When you're in a bad mood and everything seems to be going wrong, you'd rather toss your life away than be happy you've been blessed with it. No, I am not going to talk about how people don't realize how lucky they are for getting schooled and having a roof over their head. What brought this up was just reading a blog of my friend's. It was March and there was a short story contest. You, my dear readers, know quite well that my ambition is to become an author. With that, I want to take every opportunity I can to show my capability and present my work to others. That and I wish to gain acknowledgment from colleges. Well, anyhow, I won last year, but not this year. Sure, I was upset, but I got over myself. There are many great writers out their, my age or not. However, as I was reading my friend's blog, one who happened to win second place, he was saying how he hated how his English teacher is making the class write a story and enter the contest. Then he says how he just wrote whatever for the contest. I felt like I was stabbed through the chest. I put a lot of time and effort thinking about what to write, editing, reading it over, coming up with different ideas to see which one is better. Wouldn't you feel retarded how you get scuffed by a person who didn't even try? If you studied for five hours and you still get a worse score than the person didn't even bother touch their notes. It makes you wonder, was it a difference in luck? Or was it a difference in mind. Or in talent.
That really wasn't on the appreciation topic, but let me just add it doesn't seem like people are grateful or even happy they won. Maybe they are and are trying to hide it so they don't seem like boasting jerks, or they really find it burdensome. Another friend of mine won third place and she was all complaining about this little award ceremony that's given for the contest winners. If you don't want to go, then don't! I fail to understand why she insisted on complaining to me. I swear, I sometimes feel like people just want me to kill them out of irritation. Anyhow, she was acting like it was the most annoying event in her life and in my mind, I thought, "I would trade my life in order to be recognized." That sounds a bit dramatic but it's true. I want my writing to be recognized, I want people to read my work and say if it's good or not. I want people to read the words I've thought about and the feeling I put in. If they appreciate the work I put forth is up to them, and I wish, no. I work hard everyday in hopes of sharing those words I stayed up late to type. To understand them. To understand me.
I don't understand how my blog post follows my little "appreciation" rant in the beginning.

0 comments: