BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Calm of the Storm

I feel a strange tranquility. A moment ago I was frustrated and irritated. Now, I just feel calm and at ease. I don't understand this odd sensation of my soul. I noticed it this morning. I felt so mellow and calm that it disturbed me.
A few moments ago, in the car, on the way from school, I got annoyed with my mother for not listening to what I was saying. I was telling her that I'd have to go to school early in the morning tomorrow to turn in a textbook, then a few moments later, she asks me when I needed to go. This happens everyday, and that's what really makes me angry. Once in a while, I wouldn't mind, she has lots of things to think about, too, I'm sure of. Except it's everyday. Everyday when I talk to her, she doesn't seem to listen, and if she does, it goes in one ear, out another (there's a chinese proverb for that). When I need to go somewhere and tell her what time to go, I'm always late because when I need to go, my dad, since my mom's too lazy to drive me, sees me and says he didn't know that I have to go now. I tell him I told mom, but then she chimes in and demands that I said nothing to her. I really feel like my mother has an issue with being wrong, too. No matter what, it's either my dad's fault, my sister's fault, or mine, she's
never wrong or something. I don't remember a time when my mom easilly admitted, "Oh, I'm sorry, that's my fault." She always has to blame it on someone or something else. Anyhow, going back on track, I was really ticked at my mom and then I got home and sat down in front of my desk. Then there was that sudden enlightment again. I felt lighter somehow, it made my head feel like it was spinning. Then I was at peace with myself and everything else. Prehaps I'm bipolar or extremely moody, I can't tell the difference between the two.

0 comments: