BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 11, 2009

From the Calm to the Chaos

I seemed to have left out several important details about my life today. I'm going to attempt to compress it down into a nice little blog post, since my dad's going to turn off the Internet soon.
So I said earlier about going to school early tomorrow, right? Well, the reason for that is that my sister's graduation is tomorrow. Yup, she's getting out of college, only to move from Caltech to Stanford. Well, I wanted to there on her special day, therefore, I'm going to have to miss class. But the school year is winding down, which means we need to turn in our textbooks back into the school library. I was going to turn in my Spanish textbook in today after school, since I had it with me and all, but the after waiting in line, the librarian tells me it's only seniors, since their last day of school is Friday, so the library's top priority is to get them clear. I wasn't particularly mad about that, but when I walked across the street to the city library to get picked up by my mom, I met my friend, Erica, there waiting, too. She said that she heard that you get charged a late fee if you don't turn you books in on the designated day. That kind of disturbed me. The librarians are picky with any damage you caused the textbooks and charge you a pretty hefty price sometimes. I fear that I'll be charged, despite the fact I was trying to be careful with them, and I don't want a late fee placed upon it. And so, I decided to come to school early in the morning to turn in my books, since that was a time, the librarian told me, that they'd accept underclassmen returns. So that's what happened.
Now school starts at 7:45AM, and I expect a line of people, so I need to be at school at least around 7:15. Since being late will cause me going to school in vain and wake up an hour earlier than I would need to tomorrow (we need to leave of my sister's school around 8:30), I need to actually wake up tomorrow morning. Now, why am I still awake you may ask? Well, I don't sleep until 2AM for pretty much the entire school year--I'm going to have to do something about that next year--it's really early right now for me to go to bed. Not only that, we had guests over. My dad invited his old friend and family over or something like that. They have two boys and a little girl, so five new people are living at our house for three nights. My family already consists of my parents, my grandma, and myself. That's nine people. The sleeping arrangements are complicated, so I might speak of that some other time. Anyhow, I found it impolite to ignore them completely, so I went outside, said hi, stood around awkwardly, and talked to the little girl. She speaks Chinese better than me! I love that, she's so cute. She's four-years old, by the way. The other two boys seem to be afraid of me or something, if I look in their direction, they walk off somewhere else. Oh well, not the first time it's happened. I don't know how old they are. I'm pretty certain that the eldest is, at most, in the seventh grade. The other one is probably in the fifth or sixth grade. So yeah, the house was buzzing with noise, but now it's all quiet since most of the people have gone to bed. The family is going to Disneyland tomorrow. My grandma always goes to bed early. My parents are still probably getting ready for bed, but their door is closed. Well, I should join everyone in the land of sleep.
Wait! I almost forgot. My counselor appointment. Yes, I got one and it was today. I went to her concerning my schedule and my desire to have seven classes. I went to my counselor, Ms. Chan, a few months back and she told me about how schools got a budget cut, so they're going to have to lay teachers off, meaning teaching a zero period is not a really certain option. And she told me that they'd probably have the list of teachers teaching a zero period by May and June. So it's June and I came running back to her to find out they didn't get the schedule. Ms. Chan said something about how they had it ready around this time last year, but it just didn't work out this year because of budget cuts again? I'm not too sure how that worked its way into the picture, but anyhow, Ms. Chan said that in August, there's a school orientation, and she said that I can talk to her then. I don't really mind the push-back, but I'm really curious what I'm going to be doing next year. Am I have seven classes or not? Am I going to take journalism or I am I able to switch something to work for me? Everything is still on hold.
Now that I failed to compress this blog post, I'm actually going to bed now, yay. It feels weird going to bed at this time, 12:06, but oh well, I'll get over myself.

0 comments: