BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

'F' is for Fail

Mood: happy; disbelief, just utter disbelief
Currently: in absolute shock
Listening to: Sink or Swim --Tryone Wells

I never thought of myself as smart. I strictly think of myself as a average student, but even I have those times where I feel like I'm a moron. This is one of those times.
I also never believed I would ever get a perfect score on a test. An 80-90% range is fine for me, it was something achievable and at hand. But not only that, I also never believed I would actually go and fail a test. I had a decent day. I was a bit tired, though random exciting events kept me going through the day. I got an email from Edline when I got home, telling me that I got a student report update for Spanish. I ignored it, telling myself I'll look later when I got the extra credit from the site later. Oh, how I was so ignorant then, not knowing just how much I would need it. I went through the day quietly, doing a small chunk of homework, and then went off lazing off. When I went to eat dinner, I heard strange news. First, my father, who moniters Edline like a hawk, told me I got a 0 on a poster because I didn't turn it in, which confused me completely. What poster? How did I not turn it in? I thought back and felt like I knew what he was talking about, but I did turn it in. It was a very confusing moment, but I told my parents I'll talk to my teacher about it. Then my dad continued to say that I had a problem with tests. I gave him, once again, another confused look. Could he be any more vague? He told me that I failed my most recent test and I couldn't help but to be shocked. Failed? This isn't even a "Oh, I got a 'B', I totally failed that test," kind of fail. I got a 57.76%. An 'F'. I felt like crying, but I knew that'd just make my parents think I was a bigger idiot than I was. It really doesn't help with that they have to say, "If only you got 'A's on your other tests, it wouldn't be as big of a deal. Joy always got her work done and mostly got 'A's on her tests, so when she got a 'C' that one time, she still had a good grade." Just shut up. Just freakin' shut up. Do you think I really want to be on a borderline 'C'? Do you honestly think I'm trying to get these grades just to tick you off? Do you seriously think telling me this for the millionth time is going to help me, when I can already repeat every word you said and say by heart? I know your lectures better than you do because you say the same thing over and over.
I even finish your sentences when you suddenly become inept at the English language. I freakin' I repeat your words to myself whenever I'm trying to fall asleep at night because they're just so haunting. God, now I remember how much I hate going to bed every night. I just don't even want to deal with Spanish now. I feel just too annoyed at it, even though it's probably my fault for being half asleep while taking the test and not spending extra time looking through my stuff. But I really just don't want to do it. My head's spinning just typing this.

0 comments: