BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sweet Boredom

Mood: happy; bored
Currently: procrastinating on homework
Listening to: Tabi no Tochuu --Kiyoura Natsumi

Meaning behind my poem (read my poem first, please):
Basically I'm talking about love, go figure, right? Anyhow, the first stanza was basically playing things out. The confectioneries are obviously the Turkish Delights, representing love and all that jazz. Then the wooden platter thing was supposed to represent life at whole, it's kinda normal, boring, dull, nothing too amazing, but it's not like it's all that bad, right? Then there's that pile of candy on top that you're just like, oh my. I proceed to say how love is innocent like white powdered sugar, but there's more than meets the eyes, there is a deeper meaning to it than just what it seems. No matter how overwhelmingly sweet it is, even if it tastes almost bitter, we are still mystified by it, we yearn for it, and in the end, want to taste more.
Second stanza is mainly more descriptions on Turkish Delights. Metaphorically, I'm saying that love seems easy to figure out at first, because you think you know exactly what love is based on how you feel. Then after you get caught up with it, you start to realize things are much more complicated than what you originally thought. Happiness and suffering walks hand-in-hand on this path, yet we still want to keep walking because it's simply something we desire.
The next stanza is more about pain (jeez, masochist of me much?). Love gives a person many beautiful and wonderful emotions that blossoms into a need for more. We want more, when we have more than enough, but complain even then for those sweet moments. The whole ice water thing is a personal experience. I'm happy, yet occasionally, I feel a chill. I have goosebumps on my arms, yet my heart feels warm. I can't help but to shiver at the cold but smile at it because, in the end, I'm still happy.
The last stanza I repeat the beginning of my poem, the meaning behind those words remain the same. I rephrase the overall things I pointed out in my poem, how love is both wonderful, yet it isn't. The "Devil's Turkish Delights" is just saying that Turkish Delight, love, is delicious, but you're eating it off the Devil's plate. In more simpler words, love has it's ups and downs.

"A fool once said, 'If happiness can only be received through pain, then I desire none.' And the fool was left with nothing but despair." --JJS

0 comments: