BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bittersweet Indeed

Mood: happy; neutral; awake
Currently: feeling insomniac
Listening to: Bad Girl --BEAST/B2ST

Devil's Turkish Delights

Confectionery
arranged
On an old, wooden platter.
Under the powdered sugar
Lays a pale pink center.
Take one and bite down,
Let your teeth sink in.
The absolute sweetness
Is so strong,
It could be bitter.
Yet a hand stretches out again
To take another treat.

It's so soft,
Yet it's sticky.
I bite down smoothly,
But it's hard
To move my teeth apart.
It's like I'm trapped in a vice.
Conviction that seemed
Worth all the pain.

We take too much
And think it's not enough,
There is no limit
To this gluttony.
The sharp sweet taste
Runs ice water down my heart,
But after a shudder,
A smile appears on my face.

Confectionery arranged
On an old, wooden platter.
So sweet, so bitter,
This overwhelming power,
This is truly the Devil's Turkish Delights.

0 comments: