BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 18, 2009

Elsewhere and Here

Mood: happy; happy; neutral
Currently: unsure whether I should be glad it's winter break
Listening to: Big Girls Don't Cry --Fergie

So it's finally winter break. Should I be happy? Certainly I don't have to wake up when the sun still asleep and have to go to zero period. But on the downside, I can't see my boyfriend and I can't hang out with all my friends. Well, I'm sure the two weeks will fly by quickly.
Let me talk about my day today. Zero period was pretty nice. Our teacher was out the entire week because his wife just had a baby, and so we had a substitute. Today's substitute (like the others) was nice, and she seemed pretty interesting. Yasmin was all staring at my painting for my Journalism teacher, and then the substitute walked by an
d said that it looked pretty good, also adding she taught art for 22 years. Then she jokingly said how substitutes never get presents. Later, she was organizing Christmas cards, then told the class if they had a teacher they wanted to give a card to, they could take some. I took the opportunity to be lame, took a card, wrote the card to her, and then Yasmin and I signed it. The substitute seemed pleased with it, joking how she got a "gift". P.E. was okay, I'm really bad a soccer, the only thing I'm good at is standing right people's faces when they have the ball, giving them a hard time to find a chance to shoot the ball at the goal. Then English came around, where we got to work with a partner to do these worksheets that had to relate with the next novel we're going to read, Bless Me Ultima. I got to work with my boyfriend! Just saying. Anyhow, then in Journalism, we seriously had a feast going on in there. A feast with pizza rolls! It was awesome, I love pizza rolls. Anyhow, we also proceeded with Secret Santa, where the person goes up to get their gift, read off the 3 clues we were supposed to give about ourselves, then that person would have to guess who their Secret Santa is. My Secret Santa was absent though, but a friend of her's told me that she dropped it off at my house. Then everyone was like, "What the, how does she know where you live? Stalker!" It was pretty hilarious. (I came home and found a small package with a huge card on it. I opened the card and "Frosty the Snowman" started to play. Heh, I haven't heard that song in a long time. It brings back good memories. Anyhow, I read the clues and I was like, "Dude, I would have never had guessed it was Wendy if Maryam didn't tell me," then chuckled to myself. I opened the present she gave me, since I was so curious, and I got a book called Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin. When I reached only the third page, I was enchanted by the story. In the card, Wendy mentioned how it was one of the few books that impressed her and that sharing the book is like sharing a piece of heaven. Although I haven't finished reading the book, I feel like I'd have to say I agree. Maybe I should buy the book for you guys for your birthdays! Ahaha, who knows.) I stole a bunch of leftover cheesecakes to pass out to my friends, then I went on a frantic search for Michelle to give her her Christmas gift and give her the last cheesecake. I epically failed and ended up giving the cheesecake to Susan, who I happened to see walk by. It was my mini-present to her. Anyhow, math was absolute chaos. We had to correct our openers, which I totally failed. I hardly got over 50% on half of them. I had so many mistakes, I didn't finish correcting before our quiz on graphing trigonometric functions. Despite the fact that I was the last one to finish, I feel like I did relatively well. Then again, I thought the same for my openers, which had basically the same questions as the ones on the quiz. I'm concerned about my grade in math. Oh yeah, my teacher didn't even collect out math homework, the one I spazzed over almost all day to finish. In the end, I never finished it, so it's all good for me, I suppose. Anyhow, moving onto fifth period, wait, before that, passing period to fifth period, my boyfriend totally appeared out of nowhere. Apparently he made a detour to P.E. so he could say hi to me, ahaha, he's so sweet. Well, after reluctantly having to go to History class, we just ate whatever we had on us--I ate my lunch--while we watching the movie Les Miserables (which is supposed to take place a few years after the French Revolution). It was interesting, makes me want to read the book, though I probably won't, due to my sad attention span for long books. Then lunch came round and I spent it mainly doing my Spanish homework, as always. Finally it was sixth period Spanish, which Yasmin was kind enough to stay in, since she doesn't have a sixth period. Spanish was pretty darn fun. We walked around, going to classes, since Christmas carols in Spanish. It was fun mostly because Yasmin was there to be crazy and talk to me, though. After school, Diana, Hee Soo, Revathi, Yasmin, and I went to Heritage to hang out. Though, half the time, Yasmin and I were walking, running, climbing, and rolling around, it was hilarious fun. But then this one moment, we heard the ice cream truck song, and Diana, Yasmin, and I all chased after it. It was super fun. Not to mention the ice cream was delicious, I haven't had a chocolate sundae crunch in ages! Anyhow, besides that, Yasmin and I both had to use the bathroom, but it was locked! Then Yasmin suddenly realized there was this other bathroom, and I was like, "You had to mention this only now?!" And yeah, then I had to go home. Regardless, good times, good times.

0 comments: