BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Just Because I Don't Like You

Mood: happy; overwhelmed; stressed
Currently: working on homework (sort of)
Listening to: Cantarella --Kaito & Miku

I feel like someone gathered up a really heavy object and dropped it on my heart. All through today, I've been listening to people talk crude about others. Zero period Chemistry, the teacher turned on the television so the news was showing as we did our work. There was so many cases about how people killed someone else because they didn't like them. I really didn't get it. Then it was second period English, and I sitting there, listening to two people sitting right next to me complain about this other person. One described how annoying she was and another agreed, further backing it up with even more bad examples that person has done. Throughout class, it slowly started to bug me more and more. Certainly this person doesn't sound like a nice person, or one someone I'd want to hang out with, but must you so angrily degrade her name? In third period Journalism, this one girs in front of me was talking to her friend about how this one person kept bugging her with her personality alone, along with a long combo of curse words. Fifth period History, since my class was so crazy, they convinced our teacher to let us work outside. At first, I was sitting happily at a table by myself, in my relatively quiet solitude doing my work. Then these two girls and a guy moved to my table, since they were messing around at their original ones, and the chatter began. The guy didn't talk much, it was really just the two girls. I've realized, I only heard girls talk crude about people. That doesn't really make me proud to be a female at this point . . . Anyhow, I understood what that girl was complaining about. Her boyfriend cheated on her six times, and why shouldn't she be mad? Although, I feel like she should have broke up with him the first time. Then she went on about the girl her boyfriend liked behind her back. She went on about how she wasn't pretty, she was flat-chested, and that she wanted to hit her. At that point, I wondered again, why would someone do that. Apparently their reason was that, "She's a b----." All this negativity brought me down.
On the brighter side, I hanged out with my friends today for the first time in forever (which was Halloween, really). We went to Town Center and such to hang out. Although, I was being crazy, obsessed with finishing my homework as soon as possible, so I was doing homework while walking (I'm starting to get better at doing that ever since I joined journalism). I did manage to finish my math cumulative review, though! Except I have a bunch of other homework I have to do. Ick. Thankfully there's no school tomorrow and I have that time to work. Then again, maybe it's not "thankfully". I still need information on school events for the newspaper, and my deadline is strictly Thursday. I really don't want to email my cheif-in-editor explaining why I couldn't get the job done, I simply don't.
Speaking of journalism, I was asked a good question a day or two ago. Do I really want to continue journalism even though it's such a pain? It would look good for college if I went on all the way until senior year, but can I take it? It's rather stressful and I don't think I do a great job. I suck at editting (because my grammar is bad) and I'm more of a narrative writer than a straight-news writer. I think we need to get teacher recommendations again to join next year, and as far as I can see, I don't think any of my teachers will give me any favoring recommendations. Plus, if I don't take journalism next year, I can take another class that perhaps I'd enjoy more, perhaps ceramics? I'm not sure. However, I've recorded my classes for next year and pretty much everything on the list is graduation required, with the addition of journalism. I'm feelig doubtful whether or not to join. Then again, college. I've been stressing a lot about college, too. I wanted to go to Berkeley, since their English program intrigued me, but their recommended GPA is too high. What do I need? I don't remember. I'm pretty sure it was over a 4.0 though, that's for sure. I don't even have a 4.0 at all! Nevermind a 4.2, or whatever it was. Not only that, I don't do much out of school. Instruments? No, I quit both the flute and piano. Sports? If you count going to summer practice for cross country and never offically joining. Volunteering? I failed to do even that much. Any other kinds of extra stuff outside of school? Just art class, and I guess you could add Chinese school in the equation. However, just that, I doubt I'll stand out, though. Journalism doesn't make me that much more special, but it's something. Argh, I don't even know anymore.

0 comments: