BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 16, 2009

"But where do I go from here?"

Mood: happy; confused; stressed
Currently: confused beyond word
Listening to: Butterfly on Your Right Shoulder --Rin Kagamine

"So many voices ringing in my ears, which is the voice I was meant to hear? How will I know, where do I go from here?" Where Do I Go From Here? (Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World)
Earlier I was totally spazzing about AP classes and colleges. Since my sister is already in college and is much more knowledgeable in this area (and in pretty much everything else). I seriously dislike my sister sometimes. Apparently she took 8 AP classes in high school. Even though what scares me more is that her boyfriend took 14. Is that even possible?! I knew he was smarter than my sister, but dang! He's like an AP steroid user. Anyhow, my sister and my situations are relatively similar, minus the fact she's a million times smarter than I am. She took AP Spanish Language, AP English Literature, AP Chemistry (on her own, because her school didn't have the class), AP World History, AP European History, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, and AP Physics C Mechanics class (I've never heard of this class). When I meant that our situations are similar, you mine as well cut out the APWH, AP Euro and AP Physics. So I'm down to five. Add AP English Language and AP US History, you'll have my AP plan for the next two years. My sister says I should have at least 7 AP classes to even think about competing for Berkeley. But of course, this is all easier said than done. I need to take the AP exams, but before that, I need to take speed reading classes so I can actually finish the exam. For those of you who know me, I read ridiculously slow, it's almost as if I have to stare at each for for a second or two. I also need to brace myself for the writing portions. I suck at timed essays, that's not even a joke there. I get all pressured, my brainstorming is a huge mess and I take too much time on it anyways. Argh. I just don't know what to do right now. I just hope I can slowly sort things out next year. But it's not like I can relax until then. I need to finally do some volunteer work, I need to take summer classes, and maybe SAT prep classes. There's just so much junk left to do. I wonder how much free time I'll have later on. Well, at least it appears that I'm doing better in not procrastinating?

0 comments: