BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

This is a Day

Mood: happy; neutral; amused
Currently: spazzing about how much work I have, yet I'm blogging...
Listening to: Kiss~ Kaerimichi no Love Song --Tegomass [Lovely Complex ED1]

Today was pretty good. Sketch-out of my day:
0 period//Chemistry: I was tired as always, but I understood what we were learning, so it's all good. But I got back my quiz we took yesterday and I got 10/20. Ouch, an 'F', not going to be pretty on my grade. Most of it was a bunch of dumb mistakes, too! Argh, next time!
1 period//P.E.: Cold morning. Wet grass. Mass of obnoxious guys+special ed. students amongst five girls. Pleasant. As if. Though, lacrosse isn't all so bad in my opinion, at least I can play decently without me having to risk slipping on the wet grass/mud. Also, my team is really nice and actually toss me the ball now and then. On the downside, we used to have this really good player on our team, but he joined football, therefore, switching out of 1 period P.E. And then, there's this other guy who joined our class just like, yesterday, and poor him, got hit by a car this morning while he was biking to school. I hope he's okay, I heard that he was sent to the hospital and everything. May guardian angels watch over him.
2 period//English: Grumpy-ish as usual, I'm never particularly happy in the morning, really. Though I do cheer up then and now because of my dear classmates, though other times they just kind of annoy me . . . Everyone always badmouths the teacher, but I don't really see what they're talking about. Our teacher has a different way of talking, which involves her voice octave going up and down, but hey, it's better than monotone to me.
3 period//Journalism: Bleh. So our school newspaper uses the program InDesign to format the pages and such. So all the new members of journalism learn how to use InDesign second semester to prepare in becoming potential page editors next year. Though, I don't know if I want to join next year or not. Anyhow, so we're learning how to use InDesign, and let me just say this, I feel like a huge chunk of my brain just blew up. In addition to just learning the basics, we have to recreate last issue's front page. Fun project, no? I'll have fun drowning in that class for the next week, with the addition of being in there during snack, lunch, and after school (or else I won't finish it on time). We seriously need more time to do it . . .
4 period//PreCalculus: We had a substitute. She was funny. "I don't accept bribes unless in the form in food. Just kidding, I'll probably steal it from you regardless." We had an opener. It wasn't funny. Dude, I swear, our teacher didn't teach us a chunk of the stuff on there, and we were like, what the heck?! I probably did bad on this opener as well . . .
5 period//History: Yuck, history. I dislike history the most and I don't even know why. Perhaps I'm just uninterested in learning about the past and how it relates to the present? Who knows, but I just don't really seem to care much for history.
6 period//Spanish: I liked Spanish today, well actually, I've liked it recently. Reason being is that we're learning about food. Fun, fun, fun stuff, and I'm not being sarcastic about it this time. I just enjoy writing about food and stuff, using those words when talking to my friends and everything. This is what I like about Spanish: more people understand you. Since I don't have many Chinese friends I'm really close to, it's not like I can talk to them in Chinese, using my newly learned vocabulary (that I usually forget the next day). However, Spanish on the other hand, all of my close friends are learning it, and I love how we can talk in a different language because it feels like we share a particularly special bond. It's just nice.
Anyhow, I also had two epic wins in the class. First is me volunteering to go up and participate in this quick vocabulary review game. So the overhead all showed a bunch of our vocabulary words jumbled about, and two people when up to the pulled-down screen. Each person has a stick (with a sandal stuck on the top of it, don't ask) and when our teacher tells us the English word, we have to point to the Spanish word. Well, I was debating on whether or not to go up, but I decided to last minute when our teacher asked if any final people wanted to play. I seemed to have good luck today, since I happened to be staring at "supermercado" when our teacher said, "supermarket", so I pointed at it almost immediately which made the class wow at my response time. I somehow was able to win successfully two more times in a row when our teacher decided for us to stop and take our vocabulary quiz already. And my second win was just that. I took the quiz, and think I did pretty well. We didn't get to correct each other's quiz this time like usual, but out teacher put the answers up on the television, and I feel like I got 11/10. I would have possibly gotten 12/10 if I didn't make this stupid mistake. I wrote "la azĂșcar" instead of "el azĂșcar". Fail! Why would I write "la"?! Ah, whatever, I just hope I don't get another 'B' (or lower) this time. If I accomplish that much, I'll be satisfied.
After school: I was planning to make a quick escape from school to home so I could get working on my homework, but while I was at my locker after school, my best friend and locker buddy, Michelle, came by. Usually when this happens, we walk together and talk for a bit and part ways at the gate as Michelle goes back to volleyball (?) and I go off to a nearby park to wait for my mom to pick me up where there's less traffic. However, today, Michelle started to walk in a different direction. When I inquired where she was going, she said, "I'm going to buy samosas!" which the Rangoli Club was selling. I was going to go buy some tomorrow, but Michelle offered to buy them for me today instead, so I decided to accept her kindness. The little poster things that were passed around school said they were going to be selling samosas in the quad, but when we got there, there wasn't anyone there, so we were really confused for a moment. Then Michelle suggested we check the front gate, and lo and behold, it was there. She bought the samosas and we ate on our way back to the other school gate. The samosa was good and had a very interesting taste to it due to the spice in it. Michelle told me what it was called, but I don't exactly remember what she said anymore. Regardless, it was good. Anyhow, we kept walking to encounter Hee Soo in her track clothing as she exited the girls' locker room. Michelle went off with Hee Soo and we all said our goodbyes.
I walked to the crossing-light and met some friends, the couple, Ryan and Arielle. After chatting a bit, Arielle commented how I had a bunch of books in my hands, and I said something about how I should hire my servants to carry my books. Arielle said, while laughing, "Yeah, that's totally what I would do! But, you know, I don't have any books on me, holds open empty and and her other hand holding Ryan's." Then Ryan commented that he was, however, like a servant/coat holder, holding up his other hand with Arielle's jacket. At that point, I said, "Well, you have to be useful for something." And after seeing the reactions--both of them saying "wooow"--I was a bit worried if I went too far with my joke, since I had a tendency to make really mean jokes about people. But then Arielle said, "Thank you!" as if I had said something that she had never been able to express (jokingly) to Ryan. Then we left in different directions laughing.
Since I called my mom much before I met up with Michelle, she was already waiting in the parking lot of the park, so I went home right away. Once back home, I made my "snack", or "merienda" in Spanish, which was one of those small, boxed lasangas. It was good.
Other than that, and up to this point, nothing really significant popped up, so yeah. My day.

0 comments: