BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sixteen Going On Seventeen

Mood: happy; neutral
Currently: eating apples while mulling over my newspaper article
Listening to: the humming of the laptop; the distant ramble of the radio

If people were reborn every year on the same day and time as the first time they were created, I suppose I would have been born for the sixteenth time on February 21, [approximately] 11:20AM.
I've been wondering for a while, what am I going to be like as I get older? Will I become more mature? Will I be more responsible? Will I look more like my mother and sister? Will my morals and beliefs change?
There was a time in elementary school where I was reading a Chinese Mashimaro comic book we got randomly on vacation, and there was a section in English. And so, I decided to read that part outloud. But I accidentally said the s-word as a result. With my sister sitting behind me at her desk, she exclaimed that I shouldn't say that word. Thus my promise with my sister that I wouldn't curse was born. However, it was actually her who has grown up to curse. Just an example of people and their fickle morals. Or perhaps, that was never a boundary for her, the censoring of vulgar words, but just an expectation for me . . .

0 comments: