BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

February Showers

Mood: happy; neutral; enthusiastic
Currently: sipping hot chocolate
Listening to: Hey! Don't Bring Me Down --DBSK

Drinking hot chocolate on a cold, rainy day like today is a must, in my book anyways. I just love how the hot-warm, sweet liquid slides down my throat, and my neck and chest feels all warm as the drink travels down into my stomach, which later, also feel warm.
There's just so much I feel like saying. I was finally in a good mood in zero period chemistry today.
First period P.E., Junior Christine (the one with really long hair and different colored knee-long socks) has a serious conversation with me while walking around the perimeter of the gym. I love it how she was so into it. Anyhow, based off the animated show, Avatar: The Last Air Bender, Hollywood is making a movie. However, this Asian society is being played by an all Caucasian crew, with the exception of the Indian antagonist. Christine spoke in a charismatic voice on how Hollywood is just blatantly racist, and are trying to tell Asian-American actors don't belong in Hollywood. One actor, playing Sokka, who was asked how he felt playing the role of someone of a different race, his simple response was, "Well, I guess I have to get a tan." Rude. Another person was asked about his thoughts on how the movie is being played by an all-white cast and the huge protests about it said, "Well, think of it this way, why are they here?" Dumb. Avatar fans have been distraught, and seemed to have turned to the website: www.racebending.com [ x ] to talk about how they want justice, get updates, and sign a petition to stop the movie. Obviously touched by Christine's passion, agreed to help spread the word about this, I've also considered bringing this up next issue for the school newspaper. I still chuckle when I remember what Christine said to me when I said I'd bring up the idea during the next brainstorming: "God bless the mother who bore you into this world." She's in drama.
Second period English was okay. We didn't get a seat change as I hoped, but our teacher said she might change tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that (is kind of scared of the girl who sits next to me).
Third period journalism was chaos. So we needed about a 1000 people survey about Sadies, as requested by ASB, on whether or not if you went and if you didn't why, such and such like that. So everyone who wasn't a page editor was dragged away from whatever they were doing to run around school, go to every classroom to ask people to take the survey. Me, having no preference as to where I go, did not have to go to any classroom. Instead, I had to go to the office, library, and intercept people in the hallways to ask people to take the survey. It was interesting asking random people about the survey, and I was a bit shocked at how fluently I was able to ask these strangers to take the survey and explained to them what it was all about.
Snack I just ate my lunch and spent time with my boyfriend, taking a break from working on my page.
Fourth period pre-calculus: Boring as always. Last to finish the opener as always. My chapter sheet shows I got TWO perfect opener scores. It's a miracle.
Fifth period history: Boring. Finished my Spanish homework.
Lunch: Helped count the surveys for extra credit and page deadline extension. Took forever though, and we're still not done.
Sixth period Spanish: I barely made it into class on time due to stupid journalism (I haven't done a 100-200m dash in a long time). You should have seen me, I was running surprisingly fast for a person with a relatively large backpack and two textbooks in her arms. I practically skid to a stop in front of the Spanish classroom door, causing my hair to fall and hang disgustingly in front of my face, and opened the door. I took a moment to take a deep breath and organize my hair, then hurriedly rushed to my seat just as the bell rang. Did the wrong third page for homework. Failed at reading Spanish.
After school: Went to journalism again, as always. Worked on my page like crazy. Almost done (seems like I don't need to stay after school everyday until Friday now). I hope I finish my page soon so I can finally see the outside world during snack and lunch.
When I left the room around nearly 4PM, it was a bit dark outside and pouring rain. I pulled out my umbrella and trudged through the deserted campus. It was actually a little adventure for me to get to my locker and then to the parking lot. I held the umbrella tightly as the wind thrashed the air crazily, my hair flapped all around my face up to a 90 degree angle. I gritted my teeth at the cold wind and rain, yet I had a strange, wide smile on my face. It was a bit thrilling being out there, and it truly felt like a small adventure.

0 comments: