BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 5, 2010

First Time a Second Time

Mood: happy; neutral-ish
Currently: about to go to bed after reading the latest chapter of Skip Beat
Listening to: the humming of my sister's laptop

Yesterday, for the first time in a while, I cried myself to sleep. Perhaps it wasn't out of loneliness and misery, but then again, maybe it was. For the second time, "for the first time in a while", I cried because I missed my boyfriend. Generally, I'm really good at distracting myself from whatever bothered me. It's not like I just sat around in my sister and her boyfriend (Matt)'s apartment all day. No. It was a very busy day.
First, I woke up around nine, got ready, and we drove about twenty minutes to pick up our (my sister and I) cousin, Gong Chen (The one who was born 12 years before me and on the same day as me, so he's the same Chinese zodiac animal as me, the dog. Thus Gong Chen and I are known as Big Dog, Little Dog, respectively. Which might we why he's quite fond of me. He seems to like to pinch my cheek lightly when I do something funny/cute.) and his friend. Then Matt drove us all the way to San Francisco to go see the Fisherman's Wharf and get a glimpse of the Golden Gate Bridge, but it was too cloudy, rainy, and just way too windy for us to go, so we gave up and went to find a place to eat.
For lunch, we ate at this place called The Pub. I had Southern Fried Chicken (that came with two sides) and pretty much ate everything, which either really impressed everyone, or pretty much disturbed them, since I ate more than a 23 year old (and older) adults, yet I am still the shortest, smallest, and skinniest of them all. Except Gong Chen is pretty skinny, but he's quite a beanpole really. Anyhow, we went to that one famous chocolate place, Gappolli? Errr . . . something like that. I don't feel like checking if I'm even relatively close. Regardless, I took really random pictures which I shall post onto Facebook when I get back home so you guys will understand then hopefully. Anyhow, I had hot chocolate there, except Gong Chen's friend ordered the wrong thing on accident, so I ended up getting a sundae too. Lucky me? On a really cold day, not so much, but it was pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.
Then we went to this scientific exploratory. I swear, this place is so cool, I've never thought science has ever been so interesting. Okay, so there was a lot of things, as in a lot of things. I couldn't even get to see everything. So, I'll just talk about a few things I liked (my explanations aren't perfect, and I probably switched some stuff together, so bear with my ranting if you wish to proceed reading). There was this tube where there's water and in the middle, there's this sort of screen with holes and such in it right? If you turn the tube quickly enough, and because of differing pressures, the water will be able to stand on the screen, despite the fact that there are holes in it. Then there was this wall where your shadows are different colors, and the only reason the wall looks white is because there are different colored lights shining on them, and when you stand in the lights way, you have three shadows, red, blue, and yellow. Then there are a bunch of optical illusions, where you walk towards the picture, and the picture kind of looks like it's rotating, which it isn't, since it's just fooling your eyes. Then there's this really cool water fountain which I didn't get to really look at very well, but there was something about drinking it a certain way, and the water hits the metal basin, it detects wavelengths and transforms it into music. Yeah, I don't really get it, but it's pretty darn cool. There was a bunch of other stuff, but it's either too hard to explain what I was doing, or it's too hard to explain the logic behind it. The exploratory closed, we left, blah blah blah, drove back closer to Stanford again.
We met up with some of Gong Chen's friends and ate at this Thai restaurant, but I wasn't really hungry, so I ate half of my friend rice dish, which was actually really delicious. Then we went home, stuff and stuff.
We're back in the apartment, and my sister, Matt, and I play this trivia game on Matt's PS3, Buzz. My sister goes crazy because she couldn't beat Matt, and somehow I ended up winning because I didn't know s---, so I just clicked a random button, got it right, and kicked butt. My sister was all like, this game is outrageous, blahblhalksjdhsdfh, she exploded, and then she and Matt went to go study, since they have class tomorrow, where I continued to play this really addicting game, Trash Panic. The objective of the game is to pretty much compact all this trash in this supersized trash can. Doesn't sound like much fun when I put it that way, but trust. It's crazy. While playing, I chatted with my oh-so-wonderful boyfriend, but because of bad signal and connectivity, the conversation had to be cut short. Oh well, at least I got to hear his voice, that's all that really matters to me at this point.
Amongst this slightly chaotic day, I couldn't help to think about my boyfriend all day, thinking, "I wonder if he'd like eating here," or "I bet he'd love to come here one day," or "I really wish he could be here now to see this." So much for being easily distracted. Well. I was distracted. Perhaps by the wrong things.

0 comments: