BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Blossom Blossom

Mood: happy; tired
Currently: blanking out while doing math extra credit
Listening to: Love is War (Techno) --Kagamine Rin

Today was the long awaited Cherry Blossom Festival!
This morning started quietly as I woke up drowsily from bed around 7:20AM. I was getting all my things together, and a few moment before leaving the house, I get a phone call.
Long story short, Hee Soo needed a ride, so my dad all drove over to pick up Hee Soo, then we made a B-line to school. We were a few minutes late, but it was all good. We got there before everyone filed onto the bus. Except, once we were on the bus, we had to wait a while for the last few latecomers. When all was well, we set off on our epic journey.
I was just basically listening to music and messing around my ITouch most of the time. Going from one seat to another to keep Michelle and my boyfriend company. I think I didn't do a good job of both missions, but at least I tried? Ahaha.
Eventually we arrived at Little Tokyo and checked in. I migrated over to the arts and crafts station with Diana, Hee Soo, and Michelle--I got separated from my boyfriend somehow--and basically learned how to make leis made out of beads, paper flowers, and straws, then make examples. I pretty much stayed there all day. Except Diana and Hee Soo ran off to look a this drummer guy they saw last year and thought he looked really hot. Later on, Michelle changed shifts with people, ditching the arts and crafts to pass out posters. Those crazy people, I don't get them, the arts and crafts booth was so much fun! The little kids were cute and their parents were funny, and I felt so useful!
Anyhow, some time after noon, I got my lunch break. Lunch was so delicious, it was barbecue chicken with rice, macaroni salad, and sliced lettuce. Good stuff. Though it took a long time to get our food, so most of my thirty minutes were wasted in line, so Diana, Hee Soo, and I had only about ten minutes to snarf down our food and go back to the arts and crafts booth.
My job changed to helping kids make fish kites (which weren't really so much of a kite, but oh well, most of them really just wanted to color). I stayed there for the remainder of the day. Diana and Hee Soo went on a break, never to return (They were dragged off to dress up as a Hello Kitty mascot, which I really wanted to take a picture with, but by the time I came back with my camera, Hello Kitty [Hee Soo in disguise] was gone! All my hopes and dreams. Shattered!). Anyhow, I just helped kids make kites, Michelle came back from her freedom of exploring (literally trying almost every single food available) and my boyfriend came to help out. I actually think Michelle and my boyfriend get along pretty well (but not that well), which I was particularly pleased with. Especially since I get a feeling sometimes that my friends just don't like him, which concerns me quite a lot. Regardless, I made myself a rainbow fish kite that's not a kite! It's so pretty, though I wish I could have blended in the colors more, but hey, crayons aren't miracle workers!
I finished writing my post. Clicked "Publish Post", but then this error screen came up, and this was all that remained of my post. Basically said, I don't feel like talking about what happened later on all over again because I'm just too lazy to.
All in all, I had lots of fun, hopefully I get to come next year and volunteer (especially with Octagon).

0 comments: